Monday, July 23, 2007

Make It Yourself Monday.

I originally picked up knitting because I needed a hobby that I could pick up semi-easily and do while refereeing my two boys. One eye on them and one on my needles. LOL

I've been knitting for about a year now. At first I thought I wouldn't like it as I come from a family that were avid crocheters. I actually prefer knitting over crocheting .

So for those of you that are looking for a hobby that you can do with little ones or if you do knit and are looking for a project that you can get done in a weekend try this dishcloth. All you need is one ball of Sugar and Cream yarn and a pair of size US 7 needles.

Cast on 46 stitches (you can either add or subtract the number of stitches but keep it an even amount)

Knit the first 3 stitches and the last 3 stitches of each row. That creates a neat little border around the dishcloth!

Row 1-3: knit
Row 4: Knit 1, Purl 1
Row 5: Purl

Do this until you have the size you want then knit your last three rows and bind off.

For wonderful help in video form (which I love because it shows you) go to Knitting Help. It's a very cool site!

I would love to post pictures of mine, however we seem to not have any charged batteries for the digital camera. Got to love technology! As soon as I can, I promise I'll show you what it looks like.

2 comments:

Mom2Amara said...

Kel, I took one knitting class, got home and couldn't remember how to purl! I'm so sad -- because I want to learn how to knit!

Can't wait for the site to get rolling!

Kelly said...

You know what I love this site: www.knittinghelp.com .

It has videos to show you how to do thing. I must of played the one on how to purl FOREVER, before it sunk in. Now I still have to concentrate, but mainly on how my tension is.

As a matter of fact, I'll put that site in the post. If people need help they can go there!

I can't wait for the site to get going either. Slowly but surely!

((hugs))

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com