Friday, March 28, 2008

Low Fat Friday!

This week, I'm focusing on potato's. I got a good deal a few weeks ago (B1,G1) and they need to be used up. So I'm thinking:

Twice Baked Potato's!

2¼ hours | 5 min prep | SERVES 2 , 2 potatoes 2 large idaho baking potatoes

1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
1/4 cup low-fat sour cream
1/4 cup fat-free half-and-half
2 tablespoons low-fat margarine
1/4 cup 2% cheddar cheese (mild)
1 slice turkey bacon, finely chopped
1 teaspoon flaked sea salt

Wrap potatoes in foil & bake at 375°F for 45 minutes. Turn over & bake another 45 minutes. Do not squeeze--use fork to test for doneness.
Remove from oven and cool 10 minutes.
Hold with towel (potatoes will still be hot), and slice top off each potato.
Scoop out insides and place in large bowl.
Add kosher salt and pepper, mash with potato masher.
Add sour cream, margarine, bacon, half and half, & cheese.
Return mixture to potato shells.
When ready to serve, re-bake at 425°F for 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown.
Remove from oven, sprinkle with flaked salt, & serve.


Source

2 comments:

Jim Big Toe said...

Sounds good, I would lightly oil the potatoes and place them directly on the oven rack (with no aluminum foil) for a nice crunchy skin.

Kelly said...

That's the way I usually cook them, and I agree that would be the way to go. I love crunchy potato skin!

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com