WOOT! TGIF my friends.
I didn't post a weekend project, because there is so much that has to be done-it felt very overwhelming trying to put it all into words. Know what I mean?
We are having company over, my oldest son's soccer practice starts tomorrow, and there are Easter errands to be run as we will be out of town for the holiday and this will be the only free time I have to get it done.
So I think my goal is just to survive the weekend and tackle what I can. I'm gathering boxes for both my yarn stash and my knitting/crocheting items so those will be put away this weekend.
Whew! Now that I've typed all that out lets get to the recipe(s) of the day. I'm a big quick bread fan so I'm giving you two options.
Cinnamon Swirl Quick Bread
1 hour | 10 min prep | 1 loaf
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 1/3 cups sugar, divided
1 egg
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup buttermilk
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a large mixing bowl, beat together butter, 1 cup sugar, and egg.
Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture alternately with the buttermilk.
In a small bowl, combine the cinnamon and remaining 1/3 cup sugar.
Pour a third of the batter into a greased 8X4X2-inch loaf pan.
Sprinkle a third of the cinnamon sugar on top of batter.
Repeat layers twice.
Bake for 45-50 minutes, until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
Cool in pan for 10 minutes.
Remove from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
Source
Or:
Blueberry Coffee Cake With Brown Sugar Topping
Easy to make and great for breakfast with tea or coffee. This is nice to make when you are craving blueberries but fresh berries are hard to find. I usually use about 1to 1 1/2 cans pie filling but the original recipe calls for 2 full cans.
1½ hours | 30 min prep | SERVES 15 Cake
3 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
3 eggs
1 1/2 cups sour cream
2 (21 ounce) cans blueberry pie filling
Topping
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 1/2 cups pecans, chopped
Sift the flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl and mix well.
Cream the sugar and butter in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
Beat in the vanilla and the eggs.
Add the dry ingredients alternately with the sour cream mixing well after each addition.
In a greased 9x13 pan, layer half the batter, all of the pie filling, rest of the batter.
Sprinkle with brown sugar topping.
Bake at 350ยบ for 1 hour.
For the topping: Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and mix well.
Source
Friday, March 14, 2008
Low Fat Friday
Labels:
Combo Platter,
Low Fat Friday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
BOTH sound yummy!
Post a Comment