Friday, February 15, 2008

Low Fat Friday

Hello!

I hope you all had a wonderful Valentines Day. I know I had a pretty good one. My DH and I don't always get to spend a lot of time together, so he and I curled up together last night and watched "My Big Fat Greek Wedding".

For today's recipe....well I'm back in dessert/snack mode. My current favorite thing are Lemon Cookies.

Here is a version that we are going to make a more low fat version of this weekend. I'm going to use Low Fat Bisquick and probably sugar free pudding mix. Even without those changes the cookies aren't too bad at 3.9f per cookie.

Enjoy!

Lemon Pudding Cookies

Ingredients
1 cup baking mix (like Bisquik)
1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant lemon pudding

1 large egg , beaten to blend
1/4 cup vegetable oil
to taste sugar

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350°F.
Mix all except sugar together in large bowl until dough forms.
Roll dough into 1-inch balls.
Place balls 2 inches apart on greased cookie sheets.
Dip flat-bottom glass into sugar.
Press glass onto dough ball and flatten into 1/4-inch-thick cookie.
Repeat with remaining cookies.
Bake until just golden brown on edges, about 10 minutes.
Transfer to racks and cool completely.
Store cookies in airtight container.

Source.

1 comments:

Mimi-n-Moe's Mom said...

yum! and even better it looks pretty easy to make. thanks.

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com