Friday, July 27, 2007

Low Fat Friday

Well ladies, if you are like me you are always looking for something that tastes good and that is low in fat.

Right now I'm on a diet that restricts how much fat I can have per meal. One of my most favorite foods is Chinese food. Not exactly low fat is it? Thank goodness I've found something excellent to make while I'm loosing the weight.


Beef With Rice Noodles

6 oz uncooked rice sticks (or vermicelli, cooked per instructions on the box)
1/4 c soy sauce (I used low sodium)
2 TBSP brown sugar
2 TBSP rice or cider vinegar
1/4 tsp dry mustard
2 garlic cloves, minced
3/4 lb lean boneless beef sirloin or eye of round steak (I used stew meat I had on hand)
2 green onions, cut legnth wise into thin strips and crosswise into 1 inch pieces.

In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil over high heat. Break rice sticks into water: return to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low and cook for 3 minutes. Drain and put back into pan.

In small bowl, combine soy sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, dry mustard, and garlic. Mix well. Place beef in a resealable plastic bag or shallow dish; pour sauce over beef. marinate for 10 min at room temp. Turn beef once during the 10 minutes so marinade covers both sides.

Place beef on broiler pan: pur marinade into small saucepan. Broil Beef 2-3 inches from heat for 3 minutes. Turn. Broil an additional 3-6 minutes for medium-rare or to desired doneness. Let stand 3 minutes: cut into 1/8 inch thick strips.

Bring marinade to a boil. Reserve 2 tablespoons; pur remaining marinade over noodles and toss gently to coat. Place noodles on serving platter and top with beef. Drizzle with reserved marinade. Garnish with green onion strips.

Service Size 1/4 of recipe.
Calories: 300
Total fat: 4
Fiber: 1

Enjoy! I know in the future I'll be adding some mushrooms and other things to this wonderful dish.

0 comments:

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com